Skinny Vegan Key Lime Pie Bars {Guest post for Blahnik Baker}

Key lime pie bars veganized!  They are incredibly creamy thanks to healthy fats like avocado and coconut, but no one can tell they are healthy.  Everyone at my house loved how fresh and bright they tasted, and believe me, you will too.

Skinny Vegan Key Lime Pie Bars

Do these look good or what?

Just a heads up – they are.

Skinny Vegan Key Lime Pie Bars

The creamiest dessert I’ve had since going dairy free, and I know what good cheesecakes taste like.  These are a little lighter, with a dominant key lime flavor.  It is so bright and citrusy and I personally think the color is gorgeous.  I was pleasantly surprised the pan stayed this color for the whole three days it lasted in the fridge.

Want to snag the recipe?  Head over to Blahnik Baker - I’m guest posting there today!  Not going to lie, I’m pretty excited.  If you haven’t visited her blog before, don’t skip checking her out- you’ll be missing out double because you’ll be skipping these bars as well! :)  Zainab has been incredibly supportive of The Sweet {Tooth} Life and I’m honored to share on her blog.

So, have a great Friday and make some key lime bars!  (P.S. I might be MIA because of a family gathering, so don’t think I’m ignoring you if I don’t respond promptly :)

Comments

• maryfrances says

Thank you Cailee! You are the queen of healthy treats, so I’m honored! Hope you had a great weekend!

1. says

Mary Frances I loved your post. Your recipe looks awesome. But I really loved your post :)
    Funny story. I find the triscuits in the microwave. My adorable husband. He leaves me presents like that all the time. He also likes to leave things in the freezer. Just being busy and distracted lol. And your new bible study sounds awesome! Trust me. Those dirty counters will always be there. Even after you clean them. They’re dirty again! But Jesus can conquer them! Leave it to Him ;)
    Serene @ House of Yumm recently posted…Grilled Cheese Animal StyleMy Profile

• maryfrances says

Thanks so much for coming back to comment! :) Haha, “presents like that” – > I’m going to call my wheat thins in the fridge that from here on out! As I’ve gotten older, I’ve realized some messes will never go away and it is so easy to get down about that. That is why Easter is so special because God is the ultimate winner and will clean them again and again until He comes back! I hope you had a wonderful Easter weekend Serene!

• maryfrances says

Thank you so much, Helen! It means a lot that you’ll click over – hope you had a great weekend, too!

2. says

These look incredible Mary Frances! I love key lime pie and using avocado in the filling is such a fantastic idea! Awesome recipe and totally digging the coconut and oat crust :) Happy Easter and hope you have a great weekend!

• maryfrances says

I hope you had a wonderful Easter too, Kelly! I really loved everything about this recipe, too – toss up between the crust and filling!

3. Mary says

You can tell when I’m tired. Sometimes when I’m cleaning I put butter in the cabinet or try and throw away something like a whole carton of yogurt. And these bars look soooooooooo smoth.

• maryfrances says

Thank you! No bake things are a whole lot easier to veganize than anything that requires an oven ;)