Caramel Toffee Chocolate Blondies

Am I the only one who could watch movie trailers all day long?

I just love the music scores.

And I just love the suspense.

Caramel Toffee Chocolate Blondies

I’m a story junkie and really enjoy watching the one’s for books I’ve read or for movies I’ve already watched.  Like, Pride and Prejudice, North and South, Narnia … they put me in a very dramatic mood.  Which may or may not be good.  Like, I pull out the English accent, the heroic damsel pose, and slammed doors.  How fun would it be to make a movie trailer?  All you have to do is take all the climactic scenes and fit them in a couple minutes!  Have you ever thought about that before, how every trailer shows the climax and resolution at some point in the trailer?  It is almost like, why go to a movie?

*I can’t take credit for that revelation, check out this hilarious video titled Movie Trailer that Ruins Everything*

Caramel Toffee Chocolate Blondies

I am one of those people who leaves movies and is like, why isn’t my life like that?  Where is my epic battle?  Where is my heroic soldier?  Where is my world where everything goes wrong and I get set up to be the hero??  I mean, hello here?

This is why I don’t go to many movies.

But I do read books.

Caramel Toffee Chocolate Blondies

I have found this great website that lets me know whenever Christian books are free on the Kindle.  And it is legit, not weird books or ones that aren’t really free. They have an almost daily email that lets me see the titles and genres and I have loved it!  While there have been many fantastic (FANTASTIC) novels, there have been some misses too, so at some point, I would like to do some book reviews on the ones I’ve got while they were temporarily free and whether or not I thought they were worth buying.  (Here is the website if you are interested: http://www.blog.christianfreebook.com/)

Caramel Toffee Chocolate Blondies

Even if you aren’t a movie or book person (thanks for bearing with me … or if you just scrolled down to here, thanks to you too) you better be a gooey blondie person.  Biting into one of these bars is like biting into a little piece of buttery heaven.  Except there is no butter, but that is a moot point.  Not only is this dense and thick and melt in your mouth, it is stuffed with caramel and toffee bits.

And chocolate (but that’s a given)

Mom told me it had to have chocolate this time around.  She also saw me commenting on Rachel’s post and said, “if I were choosing, that right there is what I want you to make.” :)

Not only is there chocolate, there is only one bowl and 10 min of prep work.  These are some of the easiest bars I have ever made!  Whisk, stir, pour, and bake.  They are perfect for when you are time crunched but want to actually bake.  Plus, they are a major crowd pleaser.  My siblings ate nearly the entire pan before dinner was done.  What can I say? :)

Note: The blondie base is dairy free, but the caramel and toffee bits are not.  You can make the blondies with just Enjoy Life chocolate chips to make dairy free.

5.0 from 1 reviews
Caramel Toffee Chocolate Blondies

Author:
Serves: 9
Prep time:
Cook time:
Total time:

Ingredients
  • ½ cup oil (coconut oil vegetable)
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup flour
  • ⅓ cup toffee bits
  • ⅓ cup caramel bits
  • ½ cup chocolate chips
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan.
  2. Beat oil, brown sugar, salt, vanilla, and egg together.
  3. Add flour and stir.
  4. Stir in toffee bits, caramel bits, and chocolate chips.
  5. Spread into prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes. (It will look a little doughy but that is ok.)
  6. Let cool so that it sets up before cutting and serving.
Notes
Adapted from Bakerita: http://www.bakerita.com/browned-butter-caramel-pecan-chocolate-chip-blondies/

Comments

1. says

I love movie trailers too, at least good ones! :) And I’m the same way, I always walk out thinking, is this really what people’s lives are like? And then I’m snapped back into reality!

These blondies look amazing! Caramel and toffee are two of my favorite ingredients, and sadly, I don’t use them often enough! But now I have the perfect excuse to! Pinned!
    Gayle @ Pumpkin ‘N Spice recently posted…Liebster Award and More About MeMy Profile

2. says

I think the world is ending. This recipe isn’t vegan! Where is Mary Frances and what have you done with her (cue dramatic movie trailer music)?!
    Seriously, these puppies are right up my alley. Love it! And if you want to do a dairy-free theme week, let me know! I think it could be super fun.
    By the way, love the trailer voice-overs best. That guy’s voice is always so dramatic…
    Mir recently posted…Copycat Georgetown Cupcakes (Chocolate Ganache)My Profile

3. says

I often love movie trailers more than actual movies. Is that weird?

Okay these blondies are FOR REAL a thing of beauty!

4. says

I think most people feel the same way. The movies actually ruin the trailers haha! …Seriously though, I’m more of a tv person than a movie person. Unless its the classics. I LOVE classic movies. TCM is my jam!

Ok, now onto these blondies. Holy Yum Mary Frances, I would eat these all in one sitting. I know it.

Have an epic weekend ahead.

-Tammy<3
    Tammy recently posted…Shredded Zucchini and Black Bean SaladMy Profile

5. says

I am a sucker for movie trailers too! And blondies and love that you made them with coconut oil instead. They look terrific and with only one bowl to prep has me sold!

6. says

YES! I also love a good movie trailer. The scores are always so perfect and dramatic. I always prefer a trailer to the real movie hehe. Also, every time I go to the movies, I think, I should do this more often. And then 6 months passes and I haven’t gone again. Books I can behind. And blondies. Books and blondies!

7. says

These look ridiculously good! Like I could finish half the pan by myself good and just skip dinner! I would love it if you did some book reviews! I read through the Wingfeather books – just waiting for #4 to go to Kindle. I hope it’s soon!
    Reeni recently posted…Italian Pasta SaladMy Profile

8. says

Aren’t movie trailers the best?! They get me SO pumped for the actual movie, that I find myself watching them over and over and OVER again. Also, these blondies are kinda insane. In the best possible way of course! LOVE how stuffed fulla’ goodies they are! These would definitely not last the day in my household! ;)
    Sarah@WholeandHeavenlyOven recently posted…Oven-Baked Zucchini FriesMy Profile

9. says

You know, I’ve never really thought of trailers like that. Hmmm..you are right, all the drama in a few minutes. Why go watch when really you can almost always guess the outcome. Oh well!! At least there are blondies that NEED to be made to be enjoyed!
    Zainab recently posted…Mango Kiwi MousseMy Profile

10. says

I love a good epic movie or comedy, but find myself watching more misses than hits lately. Probably just me making bad choices. As for books, well, I could read all day every day! In fact, you are sort of reminding me right now that I haven’t read enough lately. I think I need to check out the website you recommended because I have a kindle and love it!
    Helen @ Scrummy Lane recently posted…‘Better-than-a-takeaway’ chicken with peppers & cashew nutsMy Profile

11. says

Oh … and of course the blondies look absolutely amazing (sorry, I got so carried away thinking about books and movies that I forget to mention your wonderful baking creation!) I recently discovered blondies and it was definitely a ‘where have you been my whole life’ kind of moment. Do you just buy the toffee and caramel bits in the baking section?