Watermelon Pineapple Limeade Slushie

I think this week has just about got me.

Watermelon Pineapple Limeade Slushie

Meltdown anyone?  And I’m not talking about the hot weather.  We are talking some hot emotions.  And not the cute kind.

I’ve never had every single project have a deadline at the same time.  Even the blog had some deadlines that took first place over actually posting.  It was killing me last week, this week, I’m just like you know what, two weeks out of the year is not going to ruin you.  It is so humbling when you all still come and comment and share even when I’m not visiting your sites as frequently.  Thank you guys!

Watermelon Pineapple Limeade Slushie

When I’m on the verge of losing it, getting cold stuff helps.  Whether it be washing my face in cold water, sitting in front of the air conditioner vent, or drinking icy drinks, it helps cool my mood down as well as my face.

When you blend up watermelon, pineapple, and freshly squeezed lime juice, it is like summer jumped in my Ninja.  Not only does it clean out all that fruit in your fridge, it is a good mix up from your normal smoothie or lemonade!  If you use honey or agave, this will be sugar free, completely sweetened by the fruit.  Within five minutes you can have a big tall glass of this amazing slushie as well!

Watermelon Pineapple Limeade Slushie

PS isn’t slushie fun to say?  Seriously, a mood helper right there! :)

Watermelon Pineapple Limeade Slushie

Author:
Serves: 6
Prep time:
Total time:

Ingredients
  • 3 cups watermelon, cubed
  • 2 cups pineapple, cubed
  • 1 lime juice
  • 3 Tablespoons sugar (honey or agave)
  • 2-1/2 cup ice cubes

Comments

1. says

I hope everything calms down for you soon! Once it’s all said and done you’ll feel much better. I love this recipe too, so simple and delicious! I could totally go for a glass of this right now, pinning!
    Danielle recently posted…Liebster AwardMy Profile

• maryfrances says

Thank you Gayle, you are so sweet! Thank you for your kind comment and for pinning!

2. says

Dear Mary Frances. Yes, I know exactly how you feel. Sometimes sipping something as delicious and healthy as this and taking a minute or two really does help. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

3. says

Oh girl, can I ever relate to the part little while being all sorts of crazy. Hopefully things start to settle down for you soon <3 Whenever I go through times like that, I just try to remind myself that they'll pass and calm times will come again.

4. says

Oooh, I know those kinds of weeks all too well, Mary Frances! Especially over these last couple of years when I’ve had nice but crazy ‘deadlines’ like, well … getting married and leaving the country I’ve lived in for ages! :-)
    You’re right, though, we can cope if it isn’t for too long!
    At least you got to cool down with this yummy drink. For sure this is going on my Pinterest drinks board!
    Helen @ Scrummy Lane recently posted…‘Better-than-a-takeaway’ chicken with peppers & cashew nutsMy Profile

5. says

This has been a pretty stress-filled week for me too, girl! SO glad it’s almost over! That being said, I kinda wanna sip these GORGEOUS slushies all weekend long.
    Pineapple, watermelon, and lime sounds like the best summer combo EVER. Pinned!
    Sarah@WholeandHeavenlyOven recently posted…Basil Cucumber SaladMy Profile

6. says

This is such a fun recipe! I love it. So simple and easy to put together and it looks and sounds BOMB! Love slushies! My newest addiction since moving to the south here. So I can’t wait to try this one out :) Slushies do make everything better don’t they? Well that and sitting in front of the air conditioner!
    Serene @ House of Yumm recently posted…QuesoMy Profile

7. says

I hope your week got much better!! This slushie will definitely be fun and a great mood changer. I love watermelons and I can’t imagine how they taste with pineapples. Love!!
    PS: Slushie does sound fun!!
    Zainab recently posted…Blackberry Lime MojitoMy Profile

8. says

Hope things have been less hectic for you Mary Frances. Hopefully this slushie will help make things a bit better. Love the pretty color and it looks so refreshing!