Welcome to a virtual bridal shower in honor of Nora at A Clean Bake!
Nora is one of the sweetest bloggers out there. And she’s getting married in less than two weeks! I’m not surprised, she’s lovely inside and out. And she has continued to make incredible desserts and write awesome posts while coordinating one of the biggest events of her life. Color me impressed? I think so! Props to Meriem for organizing this – I am so excited to have this opportunity to celebrate Nora! Since she was using the Great Gatsby art deco theme as inspiration, we did the same for our food/photos. I did my best to get the black, white, and gold here, but you might have to use your imagination.
If you haven’t read Nora’s baking journey, it’s really neat. She went from Buttercream Fanatic to A Clean Bake, ditching the butter for a wheat, cow’s milk dairy, and refined sugar free diet. These Mocha Almond Cookie Cups are made with almond flour, full fat coconut milk, and honey/stevia to fit the bill.
Since this was in honor of a wedding, I decided to do mini finger food desserts. These mini cookie cups are made with a mini muffin pan and hold together beautifully! I was afraid they would crumble or get soggy with the filling, but they didn’t. And that filling – guys, full fat coconut milk is a life saver. It whips up into dairy free “whipped cream” that is flavored with cocoa powder, coffee, and honey for that mocha flavor. The chopped chocolate is homemade sugar and dairy free chocolate made with coconut oil, honey, and cocoa powder and the almonds … they’re just almonds, nothing too fancy there
Congratulations again Nora, we are all so excited for you!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, refrigerated overnight
- 1 Tablespoon strong brewed coffee
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sweetener (I used honey)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Almond Cookie Cups:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons sweetener (honey or stevia equivalent)
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- For filling:
- Take coconut milk and flip over. Remove the lid and drain the liquid until only the solid coconut milk is left. Whip this until soft peaks form.
- Fold in coffee, cocoa, and sweetener.
- Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- For chocolate:
- Whisk cocoa powder, honey, and coconut oil together.
- Pour into a pan and freeze until solid.
- For cookie cups:
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a mini cupcake tin.
- Sift almond flour if it isn't smooth already.
- Whisk almond flour, sweetener, oil, egg white, and vanilla together.
- Roll into 1 Tablespoon sized balls and press into the mini cupcake tins.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool and remove from pan.
- Chop frozen chocolate.
- Scoop filling into cookie cups.
- Sprinkle with chopped chocolate and almonds and enjoy!