I’m about to introduce you to one ridiculously addictive snack.
You have been warned. But you’re not going to regret it.
If you haven’t tried almond butter, it is my favorite spread I found in 2014. Even better than salted caramel peanut butter. It has a more subtle flavor than peanut butter and adds creaminess without overpowering the whole dessert. Refrigerated, it tastes like fudge. It’s amazing stuff.
Granted I haven’t tried cookie butter. I don’t trust myself there.
All you need are Ritz crackers, Enjoy Life chocolate chips, almond butter, kosher salt, and 10 minutes. Easy and simple is the way to go!
PS This makes a great bowl game snack. It’s in full swing here at our house and almost every day, two or three of us at any given moment are in the TV room, rooting on teams. Brackets are a huge deal and the person who picked the most games correctly gets to pick a victory meal. Granted, I haven’t won in forever, but the spinach and parmesan rolls I made several years ago scarred my family. There are no tears shed when I lose. I don’t understand, Luke would pick pb and j sandwiches … how is my sophisticated taste worse than that??
That’s ok, we’re all happy when this shows up.
- 40 Ritz crackers
- ⅔ cup almond butter
- ⅔ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- kosher salt (or raw sugar)
- Spread about 1-2 teaspoons almond butter in between two Ritz crackers.
- Repeat until all the almond butter and Ritz crackers are used up.
- Melt chocolate chips.
- Dip one finished cracker sandwich into the melted chocolate. Let sit for a couple seconds before sprinkling with salt (or raw sugar)
- Repeat until all the cracker sandwiches have been dipped and salted.