This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OREOCookieBalls #CollectiveBias
I don’t know if I’ve told you this (maybe once or twice) but OREOs are kind of a big deal around here. They are one of the few storebought treats that actually make me feel like I just ate chocolate. We were out at a restaurant last night and 1) there was no coffee 2) there was no chocolate.
Granted, it was a Chinese buffet but seriously, if you’re going to have mac and cheese, be American and give me some brownies or chocolate cake. Or OREOs. Yeah, make that OREOs.
I love OREOS. I take em on trips, to camp, anywhere there is the vague possibility my mental stability might need to be helped out. Thank goodness Walmarts are just about everywhere because when you need OREOs, Walmart has got your back. Mine at least tries to help out my self control by putting the OREOs at the very back of the store with the snacks.
When you mix the above mentioned wonders with cream cheese and white chocolate, trust me, your Monday just got really really good. OREO cookie balls are a timeless treat that are for the newbie and the oldie because everyone needs a no fail recipe that always pleases.
I don’t know if I’ve told you this before, but my family is a sports family. If it is basketball or football, believe me, it’s on and we’re watching it. I cannot tell you who Channing Tatum is, but I sure know my college athletes. Football parties and snack foods are so fun! Mainly because of the game … but let’s be honest, mainly because of the food. Aka OREOs.
These will steal the show. Guarenteed. Unless your favorite team is on and then these will own the commercial breaks.
- 1 pkg (8 oz.) brick cream cheese, softened
- 36 OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- 4 pkg. (4 oz. each) semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted OR 12 oz white melting chocolate
- Football themed edible decorations
- Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended.
- Shape into 48 (1-inch) balls.
- Freeze 10 min.
- Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan. If your snowmen aren't completely coated the first time, let the chocolate dry and then dip again.
- Stack two or three on top of each other to make snowmen, using melted chocolate to stick them together.
- Decorate with desired decorations.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm.