Hear me out guys.
I’m so ready for spring. And break. Spring break seriously cannot come fast enough. In the fall, I do pretty well, because it’s right after summer break, there are more competitions, more games … and then we get to spring and I’m so done with winter and this thing called textbooks.
It’s a problem and I know it and so I’m dealing with it through brownies. And they just happen to be made with olive oil and chickpea flour which means 1) they’re gluten and dairy free but 2) they don’t sound like brownies.
But I hope you’ve made it past the title and down to this part of the post. I won’t eat a brownie that isn’t fudgy, heavy on the sweet, and double dosed on the chocolate. So rest assured, these taste like brownies.
And they’re made in one bowl and less than 10 min of prep work. If you’re worried about the olive oil and chickpea flour making these taste funny, again, rest assured, these taste like chocolate fudge nonetheless. The 1/2 cup of chocolate chips plus + cocoa powder give these a rich cocoa flavor while the olive oil keeps these insanely fudgy. You can substitute all purpose flour for the chickpea flour but they obviously won’t be gluten free anymore. I’m in love with chickpea flour, it is the easiest thing to work with because it subs almost 1:1 for all purpose flour without any extra ingredients.
If you still aren’t sold … just make em and thank me later.
- ½ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- ½ cup virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- 8 strawberries
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 8x8 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combing chocolate chips and olive oil. Melt in the microwave by heating for 30 seconds, stirring, and repeating until chocolate chips are melted.
- Let cool slightly and then add the eggs. Beat well.
- Add sugar, vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and chickpea flour. Stir until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and set aside.
- Thinly slice strawberries and layer on top of the brownie batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.