This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #snacktalk #CollectiveBias This weekend, the brackets came out. Which means let the games begin. Every year, each member of our family gets their own bracket to fill out. There are some serious bragging rights accompanied with winning the brackets so believe me, there is lobbying and trash talking and the whole nine yards around here. I love it, it is such a fun thing to do as a family and it makes the best memories. No lie. It’s amazing the bonds one builds while mutually cheering for random teams. I highly recommend it to all y’all reading out there. I also highly recommend stocking up on snack mixes. You never know when your game might take a turn for the worse and will call for some stress eating. But, for the love of good food, don’t settle for popcorn or potato chips; you are better than that. This sweet and salty snack mix is taking game time to the next level. And here’s why:
homemade mini peanut butter cookies
And the Chex cereal is also awesome, but if I had to pick something as a filler … it would be that. Sorry Chex cereal. Someone had to be the filler.
The only prep work involved in this recipe is stopping by Walmart, making and baking the peanut butter cookies, and opening the bags of ingredients. Other than that, you just toss all the ingredients in a bowl and serve. The REESE’S Mini’s are ridiculously addictive. They are what take this snack mix to the next level. Although I usually try to avoid the candy aisle (also known as the juice and sports drink aisle in our Walmart) because the options are overwhelming, finding my REESE’S was worth it. My theory is that by serving them with pretzels and cookies and chocolate chunks, it makes the bag last longer buuuuut let’s be honest, that bag goes fast. Ok, the whole snack mix goes FAST. Consider it the new fast break. And a serious slam dunk.
- Peanut Butter Cookies:
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon each: baking powder, baking soda, and salt
- Snack Mix:
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- 3 cups pretzel twists
- 3 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- 1 cup REESE'S Minis
- For cookies:
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease a cookie sheet and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and oil together.
- Stir in flour and baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Roll cookies into ¼ teaspoon sized cookie dough balls (about the size of your thumbnail). Place on cookie sheet and press a criss cross pattern on the top using a fork.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool before removing from pan and moving to a cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough until it is all baked.
- For Snack Mix:
- Mix cooled cookies with snack mix ingredients and serve!
Does your family have a game time REESE’S snack? Take the REESE’S SnackTalk challenge for a chance to have your recipe be the MPV!