Tender mini banana muffins studded with mini chocolate chips and drizzled with more melted chocolate. Dairy free and 100% whole wheat.
While I love me some good crazy creative moments, sometimes, classic is where it’s all at. There are classic muffins (blueberry … banana chocolate chip) and there are classic lines (try try again) and there are definitely classic dresses. I’m a nike shorts and tank gal all the way but that doesn’t fly for graduation and recitals and parties so I’m currently in the wonderful throes of dress evaluating. Wonderful because I love dresses, which, I know, doesn’t add up, but I do. I just don’t make the time to do my hair and makeup worthy of a dress very often. Anyone feel me? Throes because … finding a dress that doesn’t need to be adjusted or layered or vetoed by Mom is kind of hard. I say throw a pair of heels on and at least my legs will look good, who cares if the sleeves don’t work.
So yeah. I think I need to start over. Good morning y’all, muffins anyone??
These muffins are tender and springy and guys, those mini chocolate chips make it. These are suuuuper easy; one bowl and you’re set, and it’s easy, healthy ingredients like coconut oil, bananas, whole wheat, Enjoy Life chocolate chips, etcetera. You get my drift, yeah?
Tell me, what’s your favorite muffin? Oh, and for the heck of it, favorite dress? I truly would love to know!
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup mashed ripe bananas (about 1 and half bananas)
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons oil (melted coconut oil or canola) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips + more for melting and drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease mini muffin pan.
- Beat egg, mashed banana, milk, oil, and vanilla extract well.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, salt, and granulated sugar.
- Divide batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until tops are no longer wet.
- Let cool for a couple minutes before removing and letting cool on a wire rack.
- Melt extra chocolate chips and drizzle on top of cool muffins.