Since this is an outta the normal post (it’s not like I go to the dark, errr, savory side very often) I’m just going to unload all my random thoughts on you.
1) It’s raining. Not storming but raining. And it’s just good ole soup and sandwich weather. And this soup is super creamy and super good.
2) Podcasts. I’m obsessed you guys, I finally got around to clicking on that app on my phone (thank you Apple) and wow, they’re the best. It’s like I’m splurging on ‘me time’ but I can still work or clean or drive while listening. It’s like an audiobook but more fun because it’s real people live. If you guys have suggestions, shout ’em out! Speaking of Apple, my phone finally decided that not only is it old, it’s going to act like it’s old too, and needs an upgrade. Sigh.
3) HIIT workouts. I tried one today aaaaand now I have a new goal, let’s just say that. Turns out 50 sec/10 sec work/rest for 20 minutes when it’s just cardio is a lot harder than I thought. (yoga, where are you?? jokes.)
4) Chipotle and Starbucks. Is it bad (ok yes I already know the answer) that I ridiculously excited about the giftcards to those two places that I got as graduation gifts? My dorm room will be less than a minute walk from both of those places and I’m thrilled that I got money people want me to spend there. Like, I don’t have to be like, this money needs to go towards textbooks or tuition. No, I have to spend this money on food. SO excited. Foodie problems for reals tho …
5) Summer break. Confession time, I cannot figure myself out because, I don’t have to get up for classes anymore and I’m getting a normal amount of sleep, but 7pm has hit me like a load of bricks every night for the past week. It’s so weird. And could be a real problem since I have a class I’m taking this summer that is going on right at that time. I already have enough caffeine a day I’m pretty sure sooooo we’ll see about that. Update: turns out I was sick. That makes me feel a little bit better about being so out of it but still.
For fun, if you have the time today, tell me some stuff! Like,
1) Rain or no rain?
2) Favorite podcast?
3) Current favorite sweat sesh?
4) Chipotle, nay or yay?
5) How do you beat being tired?
Alright I’ll let you have the recipe now Happy hump day!
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- Salt and pepper
- Place all the ingredients except for the coconut milk in a slow cooker.
- Season everything to taste with the salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Puree everything until smooth using a blender or an immersion blender.
- Add the coconut milk, give everything a good stir, and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning and serve warm.