Gluten and refined sugar free vegan chia seed pudding layered with caramelized mangos and almonds! A healthy no bake breakfast packed with healthy fats, fiber, and protein!
I bit the bullet and finally bought chia seeds.
And now I’m wondering where my lightning from heaven is and when I’m going to suddenly have so much energy and run six miles and be everyone’s best friend and save the world …
I daily try to be totally trendy and yet totally my own person and if you’re wondering how well that works, let me just say, it’s a little tricky since it’s like trying to be an only child’s sister.
So I take a trend, wait three months (er years) until it’s no longer vogue, and ruin experiment with that trend until it’s totally me and totally trendy at the same time. I just got a romper since they were supa’ hot last year. And the 5th iPhone because the 6th just came out. You get me?
This is your power packed breakfast to go that is not only really pretty, but really healthy, and heck yes trendy (in my world.) I soaked my chia seeds in unsweetened almond milk overnight, caramelized my mango in water, maple syrup, and vanilla, and then layered it all together with some almonds (I really recommend salted or cinnamon/sugar, but plain definitely works.) Healthy fats, protein packed, no dairy, it’s all good yall!
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1-1/2 cups almond milk (I used unsweetened)
- 2 Tablespoons sweetener (I used pure maple syrup, honey or sugar will work in a pinch)
- 1 large mango, peeled and sliced
- ½ Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 Tablespoon sweetener (again, I used pure maple syrup)
- ½ cup almonds
- In an airtight container, stir chia seeds, almond milk, and 2 Tablespoons sweetener together. Let sit in your refrigerator overnight or at least four hours.
- In a small skillet, heat coconut oil until melted. Whisk in water and 1 Tablespoon sweetener and then add sliced mango. Cook until caramelized, about 2-3 minutes each side, over medium heat.
- Store mango in refrigerator until ready to serve pudding.
- To serve: layer chia seed pudding, mango, and almonds between 2-3 glasses. Enjoy!