Last name, hungry; first name, always. Hi, have we met?
I snack all.the.time. Because I am hungry all.the.time. I was talking with a friend and they were saying how this year, they just started bringing snacks when they go on 5 hour + trips and I just stood there, nodding dumbly.
I’ve been bringing snacks with me everywhere since I was born. After 3 hours, it’s practically an emergency. You only have to do it on 5 hour + trips?? WHO ARE YOU.
In real life, it sounded more like this “that’s awesome, what are your favorite snacks?”
For me, it’s nuts. Raw nuts, salted nuts, nut butters, candied nuts, trail mix, pretty much the whole shebang.
Then. Pinterest introduced me to the motherload of all nut recipes.
Chocolate and sprinkles.
WHO ARE YOU. And where have you been my whole life??
I bought a big bag of raw almonds at our bulk section (which I just discovered and just adore btw) that will last me a long time and is super versatile. I took half the bag, dipped them in melted Enjoy Life chocolate chips, and threw sprinkles on them like it was New Years Eve.
Your snacking just got 10x more fun. And the thing about almonds is you don’t have to eat a ton to be full and energized!
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- ¾ cup raw almonds
- non parel sprinkles
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate chips in the microwave.
- Stir in the almonds until all are coated evenly.
- Using a spoon, separate the almonds and place on a parchment lined baking pan.
- Immediately sprinkle with sprinkles (no puns intended)
- Let sit in the fridge to help the chocolate to set, about 10 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container. Enjoy!