Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies. Rich and fudgy chocolate cookies made without flour or butter!
If we seem to be on a gluten free trend, we actually are. Not on purpose, but some accidents turn out to be wonderful things.
I know many friends who go through the year and the holidays having to skip many desserts because of gluten intolerances. While I like the recipes that use gluten free flour, I don’t always have that on hand, so here’s a recipe that is naturally gluten free! There is no flour at all, no grains period, and no butter or oil!
And naturally incredible. No joke, these cookies are fudgy and thick but hold their shape and travel super well. Don’t be fooled by those crinkle tops, they aren’t phased by Christmas road trips.
These are super simple and super fast. No crazy ingredients needed to keep these gluten free! The peanut butter replaces the butter and flour by giving it richness and body. I was surprised though, it isn’t a dominant flavor like I expected it to be.
That chocolate fudge game is strong.
You bite into a flaky cocoa crust and then intense chocolate fudge cookie. I’ve seen these cookies all over Pinterest for years and THEY ARE LEGIT.
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a large bowl, whisk powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
- In another smaller bowl, beat salt, vanilla, egg whites, and egg together.
- Stir wet ingredients into larger bowl.
- Stir in peanut butter (I heat my peanut butter in the microwave so that it stirs in more easily, about 20 seconds)
- Stir until dough is smooth and pulls together into a ball.
- Using a 1-2 Tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop cookie dough into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, until cookies are puffed, cracked, and top is no longer wet.
- Let cookies cool for about five minutes before letting cool on a wire rack.
Recipe from: http://withsaltandwit.com/flourless-peanut-butter-chocolate-cookies/