Have I mentioned that there are strawberries at Walmart for $2.09?
I’m going to be like one of those beauty bloggers and say I am obsessed. Fresh strawberries in the winter? Please and thank you wally world.
Even my fam bam said whoaaaaa. That’s some sweet frosting.
Basically, this nailed the classic Lofthouse cookie. Those are some sweet cookies. Incredibly sweet. Incredibly good.
But this is all about the frosting. Many strawberry buttercreams use food coloring or freeze dried strawberries but this recipe uses fresh strawberries boiled down into a syrup that whips right into the buttercream. It gives it a natural pink and a perfect strawberry flavor.
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Blend strawberries until smooth.
- Transfer strawberry puree to a saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring often, until puree is reduced by at least half, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Beat butter with an electric mixer in a bowl until light and fluffy.
- Beat 1 cup confectioners' sugar into butter until just blended.
- Beat 2 tablespoons strawberry puree and vanilla extract into butter mixture until just blended.
- Repeat with 1 cup confectioners' sugar, followed by 2 tablespoons strawberry puree two more times.
- Beat last ½ cup confectioners' sugar into mixture until just blended.